Tuesday, February 20, 2007
KAJU-KATLI (Indian sweet made with Cashew nuts)
Mode - Microwave
Time - preparation -10 minutes, microwave -5 minutes
Utensils - (1) Microwave safe glass bowl
(2) Flat rolling board & rolling pin, knife (for cutting)
(1) 1 cup Cashew nut Powder + 1/2 cup khoya + 1 tbsp milk + 3/4 cup powdered sugar
(2) Rose essence, extra Cashew nut powder, warkh
(1) Mix all ingredients given in (1) in a bowl. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
(2) Stir and again microwave on high power for 2 minutes. As the mixture starts becoming dry and bubbles appear on surface of the mixture, stop the heat.
(3) Cool the mixture. Keep stirring in-between.
(4) Mix rose essence, Add some more cashew nut powder (if required) and knead well to make smooth dough. Roll with a rolling pin in a thin layer.
(5) Cut the pieces in diamond shape. Spread warkh on it. Kaju-katli is ready.
Aai's Special tips -
(1) You can use milk powder instead of khoya or even khoya can be omitted.
(2) Badam or Pista katli is made like kaju-katli using almond or pistachio powder.