Saturday, February 10, 2007
INDIAN STYLE CORN SNACK
Mode - Microwave
Time - preparation -10 minutes, microwave -10 minutes
Utensils - microwave safe glass or microwave safe cooking plastic bowl with lid
(1) 2 cups grated corn and 1/2 cup corn kernels
(2) 1 tbsp. TADKA (mustard seeds and cumin seeds cracked in hot oil with asafetida and Turmeric powder added to it)
(3) Green chilly and fresh curry leaves
(4) Sugar, salt, lemon juice as per test
(5) chopped coriander and grated coconut for garnishing
(1) Mix all ingredients in bowl except coriander and coconut.
(2) Microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes.
(3) Stir well, spray some water on it, cover and microwave on medium power for 3 to 4 minutes.
(4) Give standing time of 2-3 minutes and then remove from oven.
(5) Corn snack is ready. Garnish and serve hot.
Aai's Special tips -
(1) Never make TADKA in microwave, make it on gas stove in a small tadka pot (butti).
(2) 1/2 cup soaked soybeans can be added while grating corn to make the snack more nutritious.