Mode - Microwave
Time - preparation -10 minutes, microwave - 5+5 minutes
Utensils - (1) Microwave safe glass bowl
(2) Small glass dish
(1) 2 cups fine rawa (semolina) + 1 tbsp melted ghee
(2) 1 cup fresh grated coconut
(3) 1and a half cups sugar + 1 cup water
(4) Cardamom powder, resins, 1 tsp ghee
(1) Mix rawa and ghee thoroughly in a glass bowl. Microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in-between after 2-1-1 minute intervals. Roast on light golden yellow color. Keep aside.
(2) In a small glass dish, microwave coconut on high power for 1 minute, stirring once in-between after 30 seconds.
(3) Mix water and sugar in bowl and microwave on high power for 3 minutes, stir to dissolve sugar and microwave again for 1 to 2 minutes. Syrup should be just slightly sticky. Check stickiness with thumb and index finger.
(4) Mix rawa, coconut, cardamom powder, resins and remaining ghee together. Mixture will be very loose at first. Keep it aside for cooling. After 3-4 hours when it becomes dry but soft enough, roll into small round ladoo. (This mixture should make 10 to 12 ladoo.)
Aai's Special tips -
(1) Use only glass utensils, not plastic.
(2) Coconut can be substituted by 1 cup khoya. Microwave it for one minute, stirring once in-between.
(3) If sugar syrup becomes too sticky, sprinkle some water to adjust its consistency and then mix rawa, coconut and remaining things.
(4) If the ready mixture becomes too hard to make ladoo, sprinkle some water on it, microwave on high power for 20 to 30 seconds. It will become soft again.