RAS - MALAI (Sweet made with paneer and milk)
Mode - Microwave
Time - preparation -30 minutes, microwave - 45 minutes , total time - 2 hours
Utensils - 1 big microwave safe glass bowl and 1 big flat microwave safe glass pan
Ras malai is made in 3 steps.
(1) Making Paneer, (2) Making Rasgullas, (3) Making Ras malai's milk.
(1) For paneer - 1/2 liter cow's milk, 1/4 tsp citric acid, 1 tbsp water
(2) For rasgullas - paneer of 1/2 liter milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp - (extra) sugar, cups water
(3) For milk - 1/2 liter milk, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsp milk powder, 1/2 tbsp corn floor, cardamom powder, kesar(safran strands), chopped pistas and almonds
(1) Making paneer -
1. Boil milk, cool and remove cream (malai) on it. Then microwave this fat less milk on high power for 6 - 7 minutes to boil it again.
2. Dissolve citric acid in 1 tsp water and pour this mixture in boiling milk, Stir clockwise and anticlockwise 3 times with spoon, keep covered for 5 minutes till milk gets curdled and paneer is separated.
3. Now spread a cloth piece on a large strainer, pour curdled milk on it. Pour some water on it and stir it with spoon to wash paneer. Now gather the cloth, squeeze it and remove most of the water. Remove paneer from cloth and take it in mixer jar.
4. Slowly blend paneer in mixer to make it smooth
(2) Making Rasgullas -
1. Mix 1 tsp sugar in paneer and make small or flat round balls.
2. Take 3 cups water and 1/2 sugar in a large flat microwave safe glass pan. Microwave on high power for 5 to 6 minutes (till it starts boiling).Stir and dissolve sugar completely.
3. Add paneer balls in boiling sugar syrup, cover and microwave first on high power for 3 minutes, then on medium power for 5 minutes. Remove from oven after 5 minutes standing time. Spongy Rasgullas are ready now.
(3) Making milk -
1. Take one cup milk from ras malai's milk and keep aside. Boil remaining milk in microwave on high power for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Mean while mix milk powder, sugar and cornfloor in the milk which is kept aside. Stir well to make fine paste and mix it in boiling milk. Cook it on medium power for for 5 to 6 minutes. Mix cardamom powder, kesar(safran strands), chopped pistas and almonds in it. Milk is ready.
3. Take one rasgulla on a spoon, squeeze it lightly with another spoon to remove water in it, then put it in prepared milk. Put all rasgullas in milk like this. Keep it in fridge for 3 to 4 hours and then serve.
Aai's special tips -
(1) For rasgullas use only cow's milk for making paneer .
(2) This ras malai's milk can be used for making KULFI.
(3) Veriation - Mix some mango pulp in rasmalai's ready milk for MANGO RASMALAI